wtb posi unit with 373 gears for 8.5 rear end

Oct 14, 2008
Bethesda, Maryland
Very tough (read expensive) to come by a 3 series 8.5 positraction carrier. Keep your eye open for a good used 2 series 8.5 posi carrier and you can then use a ring gear spacer to allow for the 3:73 gears - Happy hunting and good luck!

BondoSpecial

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 20, 2004
Connecticut
How much are you willing to spend on a posi? I have a 100k mile 1976 3 series posi carrier that is part of a complete rear that I was really going to hang onto, but for the right price I'd sell the posi and throw everything else out, it would save me some space.

franks70camaro

Veteran Member
Jul 6, 2009
fayetteville nc
BondoSpecial said:
How much are you willing to spend on a posi? I have a 100k mile 1976 3 series posi carrier that is part of a complete rear that I was really going to hang onto, but for the right price I'd sell the posi and throw everything else out, it would save me some space.
bondo let me know what ur askin for the posi

rtflick

Aug 11, 2009
Salem OH
DanazCamaroz28 said:
Very tough (read expensive) to come by a 3 series 8.5 positraction carrier. Keep your eye open for a good used 2 series 8.5 posi carrier and you can then use a ring gear spacer to allow for the 3:73 gears - Happy hunting and good luck!

Refresh my memory!! How do you tell the difference between a 2 and 3 Series. I got one sitting on shelf and I am not sure witch it is.:shy:

Camarolina

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 12, 2009
Unionville, NC
rtflick said:
Refresh my memory!! How do you tell the difference between a 2 and 3 Series. I got one sitting on shelf and I am not sure witch it is.:shy:

The number on top. 3 series is 410408N and 2 series is 410409N.

PositractionUnit3.jpg

Latest posts