WTF is wrong with people?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by PaRoadDawg, Jul 12, 2018.

1. MIDNIGHTBLUE

MIDNIGHTBLUE Veteran Member

On a similar note, many months ago, on any given day at our Home Depot you could see the shady and dope fiends walking the parking lot with their heads down as they walk around the whole lot. My wife asked "What the hell are those people doing, they look like Zombies"? "They are looking for receipts dropped in the parking lot so they can shop lift the item and return it with the receipt to get a cash refund. Then Home Depot went to store credit or refunded credit on credit cards, loss prevention told me theft dropped by 90%.

2. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've never ever heard of that one before. They should be checking trash cans.

3. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

The local hardware store to me closed down about a year ago. the space is going to open soon as a Michael's Craft Store. Not sure if you can see the enthusiasm in my typing about that happening. Now i get to trek down to the local HD, which is the smallest one in existence, and, honestly, they have as much stuff or less than the hardware store did. I swear, 8 times out of 10 they dont have what i am looking for in that store. i also dont have a good auto parts store real close to me. i do have a Pep Boys, but i dont use their shelf parts. Wax and spark plugs, unless it has a good brand name associated with it. i need to pick up parts for my weekend projects during the week at work.

4. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Pep boys are really my last resort. Usually they are too stupid to know what I am looking for.

5. xten

xten Veteran Member

Since their merger, or take-over with Auto Plus, seems now everything has to come from the warehouse.

6. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Last time I went to Pep Boys I was looking for plain old rubber fuel line. They don't allow you to go and cut a piece like I always have done. I had a small section of what I needed. The guy comes back with something different. I asked why can't I just cut it my self? "Their new policy" They have moved the hoses behind where the employees are only allowed. I just said take me back there so I can show you what I need. The guy him hawed around and finally let me go back. Turns out that they were out of stock so instead of telling me they were out he brought out something different.

7. xten

xten Veteran Member

Hoping you would take what they had. I have been sent wrong parts where there is no doubt they should know it's the wrong part. I think they are taught to do that. Just sell or send you something. That's aggravating, like they are buying time and hopefully you'll wait for them to get it right.

8. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

There are an AutoZone, O'Reilly's and Advance a couple of miles from my house and all in a row. Advance usually doesn't have what I need. AutoZone usually does but I have to watch as the newer employees really aren't very experienced at auto repair. I saw one installing a headlight bulb once and I mentioned he might want to clean his fingerprints off the bulb. His reply was "That's important for LED and HID but not Halogen". Another one mentioned to always unhook the positive cable when working on an electrical system.

9. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Did I read that right, you're letting parts counter guys work on your car? They can't make change half the time.

xten and Mike N like this.
  10. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I’d feel lucky if Lowe’s even has a bolt I need, they royaly suck for inventory and variety!!
    Mom and pop and farm stores are the way to go.

Didn’t Lowe’s moto use to be “more of everything”