X-games moto x step up challenge

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by muscl car, Jun 30, 2012.

1. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

damn !!!:eek: 47' was the gold for this event tonight ,ronnie renner cleared the pole by 5' plus over the set distance at 47' tonight to take the gold in moto-x step up challenge .these guys even including brian deegan were setting records like crazy in step up easily clearing ea attempt by 5' or more .the uprights for the step up only had 3 open pegs before maxing out at 50'

next year they will be hitting the steel girders in the roof of the staples center if they keep making this event look easy . i think they will easily clear 50' by next year

2. muscl car

ronnie renners record setting jump ....... if you watch the video closely watch the rear tire ,he's at least 4' higher than the uprights which are maxed out at 50' .so he easily went 52' or more on that jump but suffered a bruised tail bone on the landing

[youtube]6hjfE1WtyYs[/youtube]

3. speedfreak1000

speedfreak1000 Veteran Member

i was watching till i fell asleep. didnt they make the run up ramp taller this year though? i though thats what i heard them say before it started.

4. pinoaktwh

pinoaktwh Member

I think alot of it is because to the 4 strokes. Big difference in getting going with a 4 stroke compared to a 2 stroke.

5. muscl car

next year with 50 ft plus high attempts it's going to hurt on the landings ,i'm surprised brian deegan still has it in him to compete at this level

6. pinoaktwh

pinoaktwh Member

Yeah, I agree. That is awfully high to be coming straight down.