Year One power crate 350?

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by Tirefryer, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. z28rod

z28rod Veteran Member

I Called Yearone And The 400hp 350 For $2989.00 Is Still Avail. In Fact Its On Thier Front Page Of Thier Web Site.....

2. Tirefryer

Tirefryer Veteran Member

Looking good so far, unless I hear some negatives it looks like I will be picking one up too. Best bang for the buck going in my opinion and research. Even a top end kit for my motor will cost around $2k and I do not know anything about the bottom end.

3. bigblock665

bigblock665 Veteran Member

I got an e-mail back from rob....

Joe, I bought this engine in about Dec last year. The situation I was is that my 350 in my car was toast! I was pretty much starting out from scratch. I called around the local machine shops and I was told figure about $10 per horsepower. I wanted at least 400hp and yup that means $4,000+...I was searching ebay and just happen to see yearone selling these engines for $2899!. Good thing too because I was just about to buy one of those crates from Summit Racing. The yearone engine has a hydraulic roller cam which was the ticket for me. Its a 1 piece seal engine and comes with a Eddy look a like RPM airgap intake. This engine runs very well and strong. It revs so much faster than my old engine did. I do have a double pumper on it. My engine's dyno sheet showed 425hp and 430 ish pounds of torque. I think yearone guarantees atleast 400. If I had to do it all over again...I would get the CT383ET1 383. It list for $4600, but it can be discounted with the nasty code and you receive an additional 10% off. Comes to like $3650 shipped!! Incredible. Check it out if you can spare an extra $450-$500. Overall Im pleased with the engine, I simply dropped it in and fired right up. There's a video and pictures in my progress thread. Rob

Sounds like a nice setup and works very well for him. I may go with the 400hp 350 but if I can come up with the extra cash ill opt for the 383.

Thanx again Rob!!!

So with this said, im gonna sell some toys and get either one. I suggest other members do also if there looking for a good engine to drop in and peel out with!

Joe.

4. SKIP WHITE

SKIP WHITE Member

Is this block a reman, and is the rotating assembly brand new? Does anyone know this. I can't answer the question I was asked until I know this.

5. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

"seasoned block" and 4.030" would seem to be very very subtle ways of saying "rebuild" eh? Haha "seasoned" sounds so much more glamorous than "reman"

6. SKIP WHITE

SKIP WHITE Member

Yes that's what I was thinking. So we have a reman Gen 2 350 engine, with powdered metal press fit rods, so I'm ussuming those were also reconditioned, because you would never go that route if you replaced the rods, and the rockers are stamped steel. I suppose the crank is possibly a used or turned crank. The comp. ratio claims to be 9.5 so the pistons must have been replaced I would think, or then again the heads may have been milled down to increase the comp. ratio, and the used pistons are left in the engine. I really don't know but I would want to know this. Cast Iron heads, ported, or possibly bowl blended, but what is so exciting about cast iron heads. Guys I'm only giving you my thoughts on this, and I just don't see this to be a value whatsoever. $3,000.00 for what? A bigger cam slapped into a reman Gen 2 350 and a bit of work done on the heads. I don't even like reman engines if you want to know the truth. The spring size is of course, a small .125 to allow use of the $3.00 stamped rockers. All sheet metal on the engine, not one pc of aluminum. No way do I see this as a value. Some of you guys are raving about this, and I honestly don't mean to insult anyone in any way, but come on now.

Will someone please share their thoughts on this.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  7. Tirefryer

Tirefryer Veteran Member

Please give other options for the $. I am in the market and would like to have some choices and comparisons. I went to your site Skip and only saw one crate motor listed. Can you provide a link to the different combo's your offering with prices? Thxs

8. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

Skip,

Evidently you can't take a hint.

This is NOT a place for you to criticize other companies products. You have no idea what comes in this engine as far as reconditioned or new. You don't know what was done, or how it was done at all.

Unless you know, it's all speculation.

Your credibility is dwindling the more you post. You really need to go elsewhere.

9. SKIP WHITE

SKIP WHITE Member

Here it is, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330452759691
    but please don't think I'm just trying to lead you away from another seller to buy my engine. Just please skim through this add. These engines I'm offering are brand stinkin new, 100%, and with aluminum heads, full stainless rockers, stud girdles, your choice of some of the most expensive valve covers made, ribbed alum. oil pan, chrome over alum. timing cover. Your choice of any style intake made, polished or satin. My base engine does not have a roller cam, but for $295.00 we can upgrade it to a Howards roller cam, and a set of Eaton roller lifters. The short block section of this engine is a L31 these were best of the 350 engines, and used in the Vortec era. I bought 500 of them from GM at a great price. Even our oil pump is the heavy duty M55A The timing components are premium, pushrods are 4130 chromolly one pc design, 413hp all day long.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  10. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

Seriously?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.