You guys are awesome! car poll the grand finale WITH PICS!

70 monte carlo vs 70 chevelle the showdown!

• 1970 monte carlo 454

• 1970 chevelle 454

Results are only viewable after voting.

carhead22000

oldblue
Sep 5, 2011
canada
i love monte carlos,but its chevelle for me.i could not afford a chevelle growing up,montes were everywhere.had a 76..loved it.(the love boat)

Jimmac

Veteran Member
Dec 24, 2013
tucson az
these cars are supposed to be about a hobby, but as prices of these old cars keep getting into the realm of stupid. it makes more sense to buy the chevelle because after your done with it and decide to sell it, you'll have 5 times more potential cash buyers vs a monte carlo. And with more buyers you'll recoup more of the money you dumped into the car. my 70 is just krylon primer, 454 4 speed 3.31 12 bolt posi, discs, buckets console tilt ac (not hooked up). local flipper was trying to get me to sell it to him for 20k! if it was a monte, I bet the offer would have been a lot less. I turned down the offer because even though I have alot less into the car, I couldn't replace it for 20k. jim

phantom69

Dec 16, 2020
these cars are supposed to be about a hobby, but as prices of these old cars keep getting into the realm of stupid. it makes more sense to buy the chevelle because after your done with it and decide to sell it, you'll have 5 times more potential cash buyers vs a monte carlo. And with more buyers you'll recoup more of the money you dumped into the car. my 70 is just krylon primer, 454 4 speed 3.31 12 bolt posi, discs, buckets console tilt ac (not hooked up). local flipper was trying to get me to sell it to him for 20k! if it was a monte, I bet the offer would have been a lot less. I turned down the offer because even though I have alot less into the car, I couldn't replace it for 20k. jim
i gotta get somebody to paint the frame jim if i get it that red frame is killing me inside!

Latest posts