Your favorite IWB concealment holster & belt discussion

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Aceshigh, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

So far, I'm leaning towards a Crossbreed Supertuck, mainly because of side and rear options looking comfortable.
    For a tactical belt, I'm looking at this one. I think my local gun store carries Galco and it looks just like this. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KME5XWO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A27HMSUN32YZMN

My only concern is clothing. Gotta remember I'm in Nazi-stan IL so I want to be super safe on making sure I don't print.
    I was telling my wife I need to go pick out some blazers or cool suits to go back to GQ, but not sure yet.
    Maybe a button down shirt will do.

Anyone have opinions on better alternatives ,and what made them choose another option instead ???
    The belt clips look sturdy, and thick leather. It's for an M&Pc 40.

[​IMG]

2. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

3 speed holster for my everyday use (shorts and T-shirt)

once broken in, very comfortable. Can be placed wherever on your waist!! Front/back and side to side:)

[​IMG]

3. Aceshigh

That's interesting.....even has an extra mag slot. Never seen that one before.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  4. 74marolt

74marolt Veteran Member

I have an n82 tactical iwb holster. I have the same draft gun as you also. I am a shorts and T shirt kind of guy and you can NEVER tell I'm carrying. Even when I bend over. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone.

5. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

man, everytime a holster post is up I go on and on about it. It even has that extra slot to put your CCL and/or I.D. Card

http://3speedholster.com/

Made to fit your weapon and accessories!! Scopes, laser lights, etc. Right or left handed!!

6. Aceshigh

7. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a relatively inexpensive Galco that I typically keep at the small of my back. One, my large frame hides it well, and although it's designed for a right handed firer, in that position it works great for me being a left handed firer.

I can be in a tshirt and shorts and nobody knows I have my compact .40. I haven't really looked for one for my full size .45, but I'm pretty sure my body can hide that pretty well also. Oklahoma now allows open carry with a permit, but I always carry concealed.

I'm very attentive when I select holsters due to the fact that I'm left handed so I'll probably do some more research before I select one for the .45.

8. Aceshigh

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that......
    Gun counter guy tried to explain why it wasn't good, but I still didn't agree.

At the small of my back, the rightie feels too awkward to grab.
    Whereas the leftie feels ALOT easier to grab with my right hand.

Obviously on the side, optimum would be Rightie for a Rightie and vice versa for lefties.

9. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I really don't think you will beat Crossbreed for IWB. I've had one for years, and have done several firearms training classes with it. It deploys as quick as almost any other holster I've worn and is comfy.
    If I'm wearing a patterned shirt, the whole thing just vanishes. My wife has hugged me and not realized I was carrying ;)

On the included Mag holder...
    I'm not sure how anyone would get to a magazine on their strong side in a panic situation. You'd have to either shuttle the gun to your left hand and back, or cross your body with the left, which is generally a bad idea.
    Keep in mind, you're already in a firefight, the adrenaline has already dumped and the gun as gone empty. Anyone will be crapping your pants trying to reload in a situation like that. Fine motor function will be nil.

Crossbreed also makes weak-side IWB mag carriers that work great. I think spreading out the imprint of a magazine & gun to both sides would minimize visibility

[​IMG]

Don't use small of back holsters, if you fall, you'll fracture your spine

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  10. PSV

PSV New Member

I have the crossbreed and find it comfortable and easy to use. I got an email for 10% off for Father's Day with code DAD good June 13-15. 20% off the bedside unit.