Yup, another LS1 thread!

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by jb451, Jun 21, 2012.

1. andrew69_04

andrew69_04 Veteran Member

Ive run an inline pump on two builds. Both tanks we sumped. Both pumps were noisy. We ran Aeromotive A1000 pumps.

As far as the mounts are concerned, i think i have a few pics in my build thread

2. jb451

jb451 Veteran Member

Did i read it wrong or did you have to trim something up to make it fit? Very, very nice build btw! I want an ls2..... too bad i cant afford it.lol

3. andrew69_04

andrew69_04 Veteran Member

I had to do a little grinding on the very top of the castle nut on the pitman arm, and a little to the alt housing. If I had used 1" setback mounts like most others have, it would have cleared.

The only thing we could not make fit was the A/C. I notched the frame as much as I could before we dropped the motor/trans in and it was not enough. We're just going to run the S&P setup with the sanderson compressor in the high mount location

4. WTR's camaro

WTR's camaro New Member

are u looking to rebuild the motor..cause i dont think u will get a motor with under 125k for that...well not with a tranny...i mean u could get lucky but expect to cough up around 4k for both...well any motor with decent milage

5. muncie21

muncie21 New Member

what about the wiring harness?