Z/28 stripes; is this wrong?

BillyDean7173

Final Six
May 21, 2014
Hutto, TX
Chevelles of this era had the sharp inside corners.
Yep, Chevelle. The previous owner did this to my 71.

We used a stencil from Stencil's & Stripes. They are to factory specs.
I know you're talking about the front stripes, but their rear spoiler measurements for a 73 Z28 are incorrect. They say 5/8" from the bottom of the spoiler to the bottom of the pinstripe. The assembly manual has 1".

71RSLS

Veteran Member
Dec 5, 2017
Prairie City, Ia
I used a stencil kit from Phoenix graphics but had to lay them out differently due to my hood. But the nose stencils are like everyone has posted here.

71rsstripes.png

Budz

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 17, 2002
Ashburn, Va USA
Newer members here probably don't know former member Bob Routt...R.I.P....but here are a couple of pics of his 1 owner, low mile, original, meticulously restored, 1973 Z/28.

Unfortunately, while towing the car in his enclosed trailer, a tire blew and the car was heavily damaged in the accident. Then before he could repair it, Bob, an airline pilot with a young daughter, suddenly passed. Sad story, and I have no idea what happened to the car...I met him at the '03 Camaro Nationals (1st pic)...very nice guy :bowtie:

2 Bob Routt 73 Z28 with Gold.png

1.jpg LARGE.PNG

1.jpg LARGE.PNG CLOSEUP.PNG

Last edited:

BillyDean7173

Final Six
May 21, 2014
Hutto, TX
73 only came with a 3 piece rear spoiler.
Agreed. One of the Stencils and Stripes kit combines the 70 short spoiler and the 73 tall spoiler because both have the rounded/curved corners that do NOT go to the bottom edge of the spoiler. They give the same measurement for both spoilers, which is incorrect for the 73 per the 73 assembly manual.

EDIT: changed my description of the corners

Last edited:

Latest posts