Z28 or not?

chuck13

Jan 30, 2016
louisiana
Yes, but it would still be like watching paint dry as they were both slower than a one legged cat burying terds on a frozen pond.

Well yeah time marches on.Did you know the Fiero was originally intended as a replacement for the Corvette?Imagine that.The 60 degree 2.8 V6 was touted as the "new small block Chevy engine".Imagine THAT!The late 70's and early 80's were a sad time in US auto history.

[email protected] is where I got my build sheet.No not build sheet,vehicle invoice.It confirmed my car is a 'very valuable' and rare genuwine Z28,(yeah i'm being sarcastic).

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
I haven't seen any place that can supply you with a replacement copy of the build sheet. However, GM can supply copies of the original dealer's invoice for many cars for a fee.

G72Zed

Veteran Member
Sep 8, 2015
Canada
Contact GM Heritage in Oshawa. I got my GM importation package from them, cost me 48$ at the time, Nov. 2005. GM kept many of the importation records

Number to call is 888-467-6853, or 905-440-7636 Mon-fri EST.

Email was - [email protected]

Or at least this was the information back in 2005. Good luck.

Francesco

Veteran Member
Contact GM Heritage in Oshawa. I got my GM importation package from them, cost me 48$ at the time, Nov. 2005. GM kept many of the importation records

Number to call is 888-467-6853, or 905-440-7636 Mon-fri EST.

Email was - [email protected]

Or at least this was the information back in 2005. Good luck.

Hey Pal!!! I called the second number because the first number is out of service. So now the package is a 30 page documentation on your car and its 124 canadian plus 11 dollars of postage fees. The package includes everything on the car and somewhat of a buildsheet with all the DNA on the vehicle! I cant wait to get that in the mail! Hopefully other members read this. Thank you G72Z!!

G72Zed

Veteran Member
Sep 8, 2015
Canada
Hey Pal!!! I called the second number because the first number is out of service. So now the package is a 30 page documentation on your car and its 124 canadian plus 11 dollars of postage fees. The package includes everything on the car and somewhat of a buildsheet with all the DNA on the vehicle! I cant wait to get that in the mail! Hopefully other members read this. Thank you G72Z!!

Most welcome, glad you got the info and have your package coming to you, boy, did the prices go up Eh!!

Here's one sheet I got with my package, shows only 8% (178) of the total Z28 production (2,575) units in 1972 came to Canada.

But, looks like the Canadians favored the M22 trans as it made up almost 1/3 rd of the total Z sales, guess we didn't mind the gear noise LOL.
GM Documentation.jpg

mallard

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2013
SK, Canada
I got that documentation back in 2015. Learned a few things about my '74z28 that I didn't know before. Believe me, if you have any GM car either built in Canada or directly imported into Canada the documentation is well worth the money and time to secure that information.