Z28 Wheel Trim Rings Refinishing

COPO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 15, 1999
Ontario, Canada
You mean 1972. Just like in the brochure, high back seats.
E377F27F-37C1-451F-AD5C-096CF7D13A06.jpeg

Budz

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 17, 2002
Ashburn, Va USA
Just got this pic from GM. It's a brand new pre-sale 70 Z28.

Clarify the above statement please. Is this photo, in reality, a vintage 51 year old photograph taken in 1970 that you received from a source at GM??? If so, the quality is astounding and thanks for sharing! :bowtie::bowtie::bowtie::bowtie:

1970Z28.jpg

Last edited:

FlaJunkie

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 24, 2001
Rockledge, Florida
Clarify the above statement, please. Is this photo, in reality, a vintage 51-year-old photograph taken in 1970 that you received from a source at GM??? If so, the quality is astounding, and thanks for sharing! :bowtie::bowtie::bowtie::bowtie:
I received it electronically from the library keeper at the Heritage Museum. As to the year the picture was taken, I suspect it is early 1970. The "Introducing" sign seems apparent but I have no idea when and where this was taken.

Budz

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 17, 2002
Ashburn, Va USA
I received it electronically from the library keeper at the Heritage Museum. As to the year the picture was taken, I suspect it is early 1970. The "Introducing" sign seems apparent but I have no idea when and where this was taken.

Thanks....any more pictures of it? It definitely looks 'period correct'. Zooming in, it appears to have the correct caps, tall lug nuts, and metal tip valve stem extensions, along with Power Beams, chrome backed interior rear view mirror, chrome lower bumper attaching bolts etc.

The chain/cable underneath must have something to do with the display....
Cable.PNG

FlaJunkie

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 24, 2001
Rockledge, Florida
Thanks....any more pictures of it? It definitely looks 'period correct'. Zooming in, it appears to have the correct caps, tall lug nuts, and metal tip valve stem extensions, along with Power Beams, chrome backed interior rearview mirror, chrome lower bumper attaching bolts, etc.

The chain/cable underneath must have something to do with the display...
Yes, I think it is one of the best pictures of a new 1970 Z28 that I have ever seen. I just sent an email off to my contact to see if there is more data.