Any tree experts?


Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
Hit up the googler with a search for a local "arborist". (tree expert)
If you send them the pics, they may be able to give you info without charging you for a visit.

That chain didn't do the tree any good. Time will tell.
Bark can be grafted over an injury like that but for a large tree... It may be an expensive job.

Taking down a dead tree isn't a cheap job either these days.