Updates on Jegs?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by tom3, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Eric

Eric Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Same here- last time was about a year ago. What was "in stock" apparently was not in stock and trying to work with them to configure the same 'kit' (a FITech setup) out of parts/pieces became a weeks-long odyssey that was never going to end (by design I assume, they were waiting for the out-of-stock kit to come in) until I ended it by filing a chargeback with my credit card company. What really bothered me about it is that the website said there was stock, they billed my credit card, even sent a Shipping notice, but the product was not in stock and never shipped (which they recognized, but "that's just the way the system works").

2. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Yeah the good thing is I usually get my money back pretty quick but that’s right the website says in stock and then you order and its coming overseas

3. 81Z28LS

81Z28LS Member

I've been calling them for two days to get a $250 refund. I hope they don't fold until I get my money back.

4. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I got fed up with AN fittings that the Jegs website said were in stock and would ship on XX/XX/XX and then when the rest of the order came items were said to be on backorder. I never did get all of my last order and I gave up. I talked with customer service several times and they were great and very apologetic and courteous over the phone, except when the rubber met the road nothing was resolved. They would tell me that they didn't understand why the parts were marked as back ordered when they said they had 100's of that item in stock and would send them out....yet after several more weeks of waiting, my order still was marked backordered. All common -6 AN stuff that all of the mail order parts places carried. Ordered from Summit and they were laying on my carport the next evening when I got home from work.

Zstar likes this.
  5. Jodi

Jodi Veteran Member

I'm still receiving sale promo email from them...WTF is going on :confused:.
    Almost put an order for a wheelie bar LOL.

6. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Rock Auto's business model is mainly toward oem replacement parts, not aftermarket custom parts. I've ordered a lot of parts from them, but you do have to watch shipping costs. I've only dealt with customer service once, when some spark plugs were missing from the box. Wasn't the quickest, but it did get resolved.

VIZ28 likes this.
  7. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Never really have been a fan of RockAuto....seems it always takes a few days to ship and every time I want to buy more than 1 thing, they ship from separate locations just adding to the shipping total. When it comes to replacement parts...I have had better luck with Advance Auto. They usually have 20-25% discounts and best, I can get it today! Jegs is so bad....I rather spend more at Summit knowing it will ship today.

72BIGBLOCK and Smokin'Joe like this.
  8. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

Figures, I was planning on ordering a Jegs brand crank hub for the LT1. They are one of the few that have it, and since they are Jegs branded... I can only get it from them. I guess I'll be waiting on that one.

9. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

i have learned through the last year, the retailers (webstore) definition of "in stock" is different than mine. lots of people consider items that direct ship from a manufacturer to be "in stock". i have gotten enough emails from webstores saying the manufacturer is out of stock and there will be a shipping delay, so if i need something ASAP, i pick up the phone. i handle most of our purchases at work, and this year has been a real treat trying to get a hold of items that used to be readily available. trucks, trailers, paint, you name it, stock is low. like you, the headache rack i needed asap, i had to piece it all together a la carte, rather than wait for the one i wanted with the options to be built and shipped.
    i will say that 95%of the stuff i buy from amazon (and its a fair amount) arrives when it says it will.

John Wright likes this.
  10. DougD

DougD Veteran Member

As already posted:
    From the website

JEGS is experiencing a systems-wide outage that is impacting our ability to process your orders. Please know that we are working hard to get everything up and running, and we will provide updates on our progress as they become available.

So don't panic, doesn't appear they are going under.